HERS Testing in Northern California & Southern Oregon
Certified HERS Rater in Northern California & Southern Oregon
HERS is an acronym. It stands for the Home Energy Rating System. By following the HERS guidelines and passing the HERS inspection we bring the world closer to a greener Earth.
If you are looking for a certified HERS rater in Northern California and Southern Oregon, look no further than 5 Star Energy. We have the skills, equipment, and manpower to conduct HERS testing and inspection for any size home. From small bungalows to multi-million dollar estates, we have the experience and expertise to get the job done right. Contact us at (530) 441-2722 to schedule a HERS testing and inspection today.
Our Comprehensive Approach to HERS Testing and Inspection
5 Star Energy takes a multi-step approach to HERS testing and inspections to ensure that your home meets or exceeds all applicable energy code requirements. Here’s a quick overview of our process:
- Duct Sealing
- Low Leakage Ducts in Conditioned Space
- Verification of Supply and Return Duct Design
- Refrigerant Charge Verification
- Verified System Airflow
- Air Handler Fan Efficacy
- Verified Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER)
- Verified Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER)
- Building Envelope Leakage
- High-Quality Insulation Installation (QII)
HERS testing and inspections ensures that your home is as energy-efficient as possible, which can save you money on your utility bills and make your home more comfortable to live in. We take the guesswork out of HERS testing and inspections, so you can be confident that your home meets or exceeds all applicable energy code requirements.
This is Tony, the owner of 5 Star Energy. Tony ensures the best customer experience possible at affordable rates. That’s why 5 Star Energy has so many positive reviews on Google. Visit our Home page, where we have many 5-star reviews you can read yourself.
HERS Testing and Inspection in Northern California & Southern Oregon | 5 Star Energy
As a certified HERS rater, 5 Star Energy can improve the energy efficiency of your home to help you save money on energy bills, make your living spaces more comfortable, and reduce your carbon footprint. We offer comprehensive HERS testing and inspection services throughout Northern California and Southern Oregon. Our team of experts will work with you to ensure that your property meets or exceeds all applicable energy code requirements. Contact us today at (530) 441-2722 to get started.
A home’s HERS index score is determined by conducting a series of energy efficiency tests and calculations. The most common way to determine a home’s HERS index score is through a HERS assessment, which is conducted by a certified HERS rater like 5 Star Energy.
Here’s a quick overview of how the HERS assessment process works:
- The HERS rater will collect detailed information about your home, including its square footage, type of heating and cooling system, and type of insulation. The data gathered during the assessment will be compared to a reference home, which is assumed to have an index score of 100.
- Additional tests will be conducted to measure the energy efficiency of your home’s heating and cooling system, as well as its insulation and airtightness.
- Based on the results of the tests and calculations, the HERS rater will generate a report that includes your home’s HERS index score.
- The report will also include recommendations for improving your home’s energy efficiency.
Is HERS Testing Mandatory?
The HERS rating process, in most states, is voluntary. However, it is mandatory in some jurisdictions, such as Northern California and Southern Oregon, as a condition set forth in the Title 24 energy code. In other states, builders may choose to obtain a HERS rating in order to participate in certain energy-efficiency incentive programs.
When is HERS Testing Necessary?
In addition to being a mandatory requirement for new construction and some other projects in Northern California and Southern Oregon, HERS testing may also be required in other situations, such as:
- If you are selling your home and the buyer is obtaining a mortgage from a lender that requires a HERS rating.
- If you plan on buying a home and want to make sure that it is as energy-efficient as possible.
- If you are building a new home and the local jurisdiction requires a HERS testing.
- If you are making energy-efficiency improvements to your home and you want to verify that the improvements are meeting your expectations.
Thank you for taking the time to consider our HERS services. We know that you will be impressed with our customer service and professionalism.
Please fill out the contact form on this page for a free estimate, or give us a call.